Skip to main content

Centre Quarterly Meeting Records

 Collection — othertype: SW/B/C375
Identifier: QM-B-C375

Scope and Contents

Records of Centre Quarterly Meeting, 1835-1994 and 2009. Includes men's and joint minutes 1835-1994 and digital minutes for 2009 and women's minutes 1835-85.


  • Creation: 1835-1994, 2009


Language of Materials

Records in English

Conditions Governing Access

Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy. Digital files are accessible to TriCollege accounts or on-campus users.

Conditions Governing Use

Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.

Biographical / Historical

Centre Quarterly Meeting was established by Baltimore Yearly Meeting (Hicksite) in 5mo 1835 at Dunnings Creek, with monthly meetings at Dunnings Creek, Centre, and West Branch. The Orthodox Yearly Meeting established Dunnings Creek Quarterly Meeting in 1839, composed of Dunnings Creek, Centre, and, by 1899, Curwensville; Dunnings Creek Quarterly Meeting was laid down in 1919.


0.25 linear ft.

0.1 GB

Physical Location

This collection is stored at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit. 2009 minutes deposited by Wayne Finegar, General Secretary of Baltimore Yearly Meeting, in 2020.


Vol. 1.3 includes memorials of Mary J. Miller, W. Dorsey Blackburn, Uriah Blackburn. Vol. 2.1 includes extracts of minutes from men's monthly meeting (1910, 1916).

Centre Quarterly Meeting Records
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting repoductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library