Warrington Quarterly Meeting Records
Scope and Contents
Records of Warrington Quarterly Meeting and its predecessor, Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting, 1776-2016. Records include Men's and Joint minutes 1776-2016, women's minutes 1776-1897, Ministers and Elders minutes 1806-1925, and Miscellaneous 1988-2004.
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Warrington Quarterly Meeting (Organization)
Language of Materials
Records in English
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Information on reproduction policies available in the Library.
Biographical / Historical
The Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting was established in 1776, set off from Western Quarterly Meeting. In the beginning it included Hopewell, Fairfax, Pipe Creek, and Warrington Monthly Meetings. In 1787, the Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting was divided into Warrington Quarterly Meeting and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting. Warrington Quarterly Meeting was made up of Pipe Creek, Menallen, York, and Warrington Monthly Meetings. After the Separation, the Orthodox members of Warrington Quarter were attached to Deer Creek Monthly Meeting (Orthodox).
5 Linear Feet
Divided into series: 1.Men's and Joint Minutes; 2.Women's minutes; 3.Ministers & Elders; 4. Miscellaneous.
This collection is stored at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Deposit, Baltimore Yearly Meeting.
Existence and Location of Copies
Also available in microfilm, for use in the Library only: MR-B223-225.
Vol. 1.1 is made up of five bound minute folios : 1776-77, 1778-80, 1780-82, 1782-84, and 1784-87. Vol. 1.2 contains Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting minutes 1776-1787 and Warrington Quarterly Meeting minutes 1787-1801. Vol 2.1 includes Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly meeting women's minutes 1776-87 and Warrington Quarterly Meeting women's minutes 1787-1813. Vol. 2.3 includes minutes of meeting held in joint session after 1897. Vol. 4.1 is missing Ministers and Elders minutes 2/25/1815-2/24/1818.
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of Friends (Hicksite : 1828-1968). -- Warrington Quarterly Meeting
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. -- Warrington and Fairfax Quarterly Meeting (1776-1787)
- Baltimore Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Warrington Quarterly Meeting
- Society of Friends -- Maryland -- Carroll County
- Society of Friends -- Maryland -- Frederick County
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Adams County
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- Cumberland County
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania -- York County
- Warrington Quarterly Meeting Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library