Skip to main content

Fifteenth Street Monthly Meeting Records

Identifier: QM-NY-F561

Scope and Contents

Records of Fifteenth Street Monthly Meeting, 1974-. Includes: minutes, 1975-85, membership releases, 1974-96, Committee of Overseers Records and newsletter.


  • 1974-2020 2mo


Language of Materials

These records are entirely in English

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Records are open for research. Where available, access is through microfilm.

Copyright and Rights Information

Information on reproduction policies available in the library.

Biographical / Historical

While the Monthly Meeting of New York, also known as Flushing until 1795, was well established by 1682, the date of its first arrangement is unknown. After 1828, at the time of the Hicksite Separation, there were two New York Monthly Meetings: the Orthodox met at Rutgers Medical College and later on Henry Street, and the Hicksites retained the Rose Street and Hester Street Meeting Houses. The 15th Street (Hicksite) and 20th Street (Orthodox) New York Monthly Meetings were reunited in 1958. In 1975, New York Monthly Meeting was reestablished as New York Quarterly Meeting, and New York Preparative Meeting was renamed New York Monthly Meeting. The meeting is currently active.


3 Linear Feet


Records of Fifteenth Street Monthly Meeting, 1974-. Includes: minutes, 1975-85/2015-2020 2mo, membership releases, 1974-96, Committee of Overseers Records and newsletter.


Divided into series: Minutes: 1.1 1975-78, 1.2 1979-85, 1.3-1.6 2015-2020 2mo; Vital records: 2.1 Releases (A-K) 1974-79, 2.2 Releases (L-Z) 1974-79, 2.3 Releases (A-K) 1980-86, 2.4 Releases (L-Z) 1980-86, 2.5 Releases (A-K) 1987-96, 2.6 (L-Z); Committee of Overseers: 3.1 1976-90; Miscellaneous: 4.1 Newsletter 1973-2003, 4.2 Newsletter 2004-, 4.3 Misc. procedural papers 1975-79, 4.4 Histories 1921-69, 4.5 Subscriptions 1860-66, 4.6 Notes on centennial celebration 1961, 4.7 Plants at meeting house 1958; Toward Community Committee: 5.1-5.2; Finance and Property: 6.1 Papers re: 1861 building project 1856-1862, 6.2 Library bill of sale, 6.3 Miscellaneous property records 1834-1978; Peace Committee: 7.1 Misc. 1981-82.

Custodial History

Transferred from Haviland Records Room by NYYM in 1997.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit, 1997.

An Inventory of Its Records at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Inventory prepared by: FHL Staff
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library