A.J. Muste Memorial Institute Collected Records
The A.J. Muste Memorial Institute was founded in 1974. Groundwork for this tax-exempt foundation began in 1970, but the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) only granted tax-exempt status in 1975. The Institute was founded to develop educational projects relating to peace and nonviolence and to help fund programs of similar groups. The Institute was housed in the "Peace Pentagon" in New York City alongside other radical groups such as the War Resisters League until the building's demolition. Igal Roodenko was at one time the president of the Institute and served on the board.
0.04 Linear Feet (.5 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US