Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America Collected Records
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, brochures, program literature, and newsletters.
- Majority of material found within 1940-
Language of Material
Materials are in English.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
The collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
The Baptist Peace Fellowship (BPF), formerly called the Baptist Pacifist Fellowship, is an organization of Christian pacifists among Baptists, but not officially related to any denominational organization. Formed in New Jersey in 1940 to unite in a "positive stand for Christ's way of redemptive love." BPF is affiliated with the Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR) and was later absorbed by Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America.
0.83 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of the Baptist Peace Fellowship.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acc. 84A-34 is a later accession that was sent by Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America. About 4 folders were retained in this collection, while the rest consisted of reference material already available in the Peace Collection.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US