Daniel Berrigan and Philip Berrigan Collected Papers
Collection consists of printed correspondence, leaflets, pamphlets, news clippings, other writings by and about Daniel Berrigan and Philip Berrigan.
- Majority of material found within 1964-
- Berrigan, Daniel (Person)
Language of Material
Materials are in English.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
The collection is open for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Daniel Berrigan, S.J. (1921-2016) was a Roman Catholic priest, peace activist, and poet. Philip Berrigan (1923-2002) was a peace activist, author, and former Roman Catholic priest who served in World War Two and was married to Elizabeth McAlister. Both brothers protested the Vietnam War and were active in various peace, antiwar, and civil rights movements, including the Plowshares Movement. Both were for a time on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list for acts of vandalism including destruction of government property.
0.21 Linear Feet (1/2 box)
Records. arranged chronologically.
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for these papers.
- Berrigan, Daniel
- Berrigan, Philip
- Catholic Church
- Draft resisters -- United States
- Government, Resistance to -- United States
- Pacifists -- United States
- Peace movements -- United States
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Draft resisters -- United States
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US