Skip to main content

Media Fellowship House Collected Records

 Collection — othertype: CDG-A
Identifier: SCPC-CDG-A-Media Fellowship House

Abstract

Collection includes a brochure (undated) and a newsletter (Winter 1998).

Dates

  • Creation: Majority of material found within 1998-

Language of Material

Materials are in English.

Restrictions on Access

Collection is open for research without restrictions.

Biographical / Historical

Media Fellowship House; located on Jackson Street in the borough of Media, Pennsylvania; founded in 1944 to combat racial intolerance in the town of Media, and in the wider society; formed out of the Interracial Fellowship (Percy O. Battips was first president); mission broadened to become a place of fellowship without regard to race, culture, age, sex, or disability; serves as a community center in Media.

Extent

0.08 linear ft. (1 folder.)

General Note

The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.

Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting repoductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library

Contact:
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US
610-328-8557
610-328-8544 (Fax)