Peace Information Center Collected Records
Biographical / Historical
The Peace Information Center, chaired by W.E.B. Du Bois, originated with a group of supporters of the World Peace Appeal, which arose from the Stockholm Peace Congress of March 1950. The Philadelphia area group was called Crusaders for Peace. Following a massive peace rally in New York which resulted in arrests of participants, the government ordered the Center's closing due to alleged Communist ties. Its adherents opened new offices as the American Peace Crusade in 1951. Its major theme was objection to the Korean War.
0.17 Linear Feet (2 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US