Philadelphia Council for Conscientious Objectors Collected Records
Biographical / Historical
The Philadelphia Council for Conscientious Objectors was formed jointly by the American Friends Service Committee and the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom in May 1943 by Philadelphia area pacifists concerned with the needs of conscientious objectors and their families. It preceded the Central Committee for Conscientious Objectors but overlapped it in functions. Council members offered character testimonials at court hearings for C.O.s. The Council's activities were suspended in 1952.
0.25 Linear Feet (3 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US