Philadelphia Women for Peace Collected Records
Biographical / Historical
Philadelphia Women for Peace, active in the early 1950s, was a racially integrated organization, composed mainly of church women whose desire for peace, justice and harmony broke many traditional stereotypes. They were against development of atomic weapons, held rallies, petitioned Congress against the draft, and worked for a constructive peace economy.
0.08 Linear Feet (1 linear in.)
The Swarthmore College Peace Collection is not the official repository for the records of this organization.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US