Rogerenes of New England Collection
Scope and Contents
- 1817 - 1991
- Brinton, Ellen Starr, 1886-1954 (Person)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Biographical / Historical
.75 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Five maps were removed to Friends Historical Library Maps, Rogerenes of New England map collection.
Materials pertaining to the Whipple Home School for the Deaf, later the Mystic Oral School, were deaccssioned from the SCPC in 1991 and transferred to the Mystic River Historical Association.
Three books were transferred to FHL and SCPC book collections.
Transferred to Mystic River Historical Association.
- Promotion calendar
- The Whipple School Alphabet by Daisy M. Wey, 1897, two copies
- Biennial reports, 1884, 1896-1908, 1912-1914
- The Home School Weekly, Feb. 25, 1874
- Whipple's Home School Journal, March 1874
- Newspaper clippings
- Crouch, Julia. Three Successful Girls. NY, Hurd and Houghton, 1871, inscribed "Mystic Oral School, no. 127, Gift of Dr. Clara H. McGuigan, July 1943".
- Branch, Mary L. B., The Old Hempstead House, New London, 1931.
Transferred to book collections
- Rogers, John. The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ Which God gave unto Him 2nd New London edition. (Originally collection contained 3 copies, but only 1 retained by SCPC. the volume that was a gif t of Dr. Clara H. McGuigan, 1939.) Transferred to FHL books.
- Blake, Rev. S. Leroy, D.D., The Early History of the First Church of Christ, New London, Conn., 1897. In 1991, transferred to SCPC Books: F 104 N7 B6
- Bolles, John R. and William, Anna B. The Rogerenes, with appendix of Rogerene writing. Boston, 1904. In 1991, transferred to SCPC Books: F 97 B69. See also FHL Books.
- Susanna K. Morikawa
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA