Peace -- Study and teaching -- History -- Sources
Found in 25 Collections and/or Records:
Fannie Fern Phillips Andrews founded the American School Peace League (which changed its name to the American School Citizenship League in 1919). She was also a founding member of the Woman's Peace Party, and was one of the delegates to the International Committee of the International Congress of Women at The Hague in 1915. She was appointed by President Roosevelt to serve as a delegate to international conferences on education in 1934 and 1936.
Henry J. Cadbury (1883-1974) was a distinguished Biblical scholar, teacher, and a member of the Society of Friends. Cadbury was one of the founders of the American Friends Service Committee. He served as its chairman from both 1928 to 1934 and again from 1944 to 1960. Cadbury supervised famine relief both in the United States and in Europe.
The Center was organized in 1966 by the New York Friends Group to carry out community and adult education on world affairs and U.S foreign policy issues. The Center's name was changed to Center for Global Perspectives in 1976, but a subsequent reorganization restored the original name.
The papers of a married couple, both of whom have worked for peace and justice organizations throughout the second half of the twentieth century and into the first decades of the twenty-first century. Libby Frank served as the executive director of the U.S. Section of the Women's International League for Peace and Freedom from 1981-1986.