Peace movements -- Brandywine Creek Valley (Pa. and Del.) -- History -- Sources
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The Brandywine Peace Community was founded in April, 1972 by Delaware County (Pennsylvana.) and Chester County (Pennsylvania) citizens who advocated nonviolent direct action. The group was especially active against nuclear weapons manufactured by the General Electric Company, and later Lockheed Martin Marietta.. The Brandywine Peace Community was headquartered in Media, Pennsylvania. until 1983, then moved to Swarthmore, Pennsylvania.
Records of Chester Quarterly Meeting since 1955. Included are: Minutes 1955-1973 and 1979-1982; Representative Committee minutes, 1965-1973 and 1979-1982; papers of the Committee to Study Quarterly Meeting, also known as the Ad Hoc Committee on Quarterly Meetings, 1964-1965. A separate series is devoted to the records of the Peace Center of Delaware County (1987-2022).
Records of the first Chester Quarterly Meeting are described with the records of Concord Quarterly Meeting.