Swarthmore (Pa.) -- History -- Sources
Found in 10 Collections and/or Records:
Isaac Battin Family Papers
The collection contains the papers of the Battin family, Quakers from Albany, New York, Omaha, Nebraska, and Swarthmore, Pennsylvania Includes Letter books (8 v.) of Isaac Battin (ca. 1835-1912), containing chiefly family and personal letters, but also business correspondence relating to his employment by a gas company in Omaha; together with correspondence of other family members.
Helen M. Carroll Papers
Helen Carroll's files related to her peace and social concerns, including some material on Swarthmore borough (inc Swarthmore U. N Committee), the PYM U. N.committee, and other Quaker-related papers.
Elliott Richardson reminiscences, 1963
Handwritten (partial) and typed copies of reminiscences of Elliott Richardson, 1881-1941. Elliott Richardson, II, (1881-1964) served as long-time Borough Manager of Swarthmore, Pennsylvania. He was a graduate of Swarthmore College, 1902.
Swarthmore Historical Society General Reference Files
Girl Scout Troop #16 records
Records of Girl Scout Troop #16, the first Girl Scout troop in Swarthmore, Pa., founded 1922.
George A. Hoadley Family Papers
Mary Sullivan Patterson Papers
Swarthmore Borough record books
Obsolete record books kept by various committees, etc., deposited in Swarthmore Historical Society.
Swarthmore Historical Society Records
The Swarthmore Historical Society was founded in 1988, and its collections were deposited in Friends Historical Library in 1996. The records include legal and financial papers of the organization, minutes, projects, and related historic preservation work supporting the Swarthmore Planning Commission and Swarthmore Borough Task Force on Historic Preservation.
Woman's Club of Swarthmore records
This collection contains the records of the Woman's Club of Swarthore, founded in 1898. The Club offered women of the community a means of support and education, a place to meet and find common interests and nurtured the founding of a number of community organizations. The Club disbanded in 2002.