Found in 39 Collections and/or Records:
Lantern slides by T. H. Milligan, Philadelphia, of gardens and homes in Swarthmore Borough, Pennsylvania, including Swarthmore, Ogden, Cedar Avenues, and North Chester Road.
This collection consists of 4 binders of original and copy photographs and negatives, dating from approximately 1880 to 2005, of the Swarthmore Borough, located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Many of the images were used in the book Swarthmore Illustrated: A Centennial History by Susanna K. Morikawa and Patricia C. O'Donnell (1993).
The collection contains photographs, clippings, historical research and related papers concerning the Consumers' Cooperative Association of Swarthmore, Inc., better known as the Swarthmore CO-OP. Located in Swarthmore, Pa., it was incorporated in 1937.
The collection is divided into two series: 1) Data, primarily surveys and data sheets, ranging in topic from the facilities and programs at Swarthmore College to the students attending and financial aid; 2) Reports, especially accreditation reports and self-studies.
The Swarthmore Garden Club, Swarthmore, Pa., was founded in 1958 with the purpose "to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening among both amateur and experienced gardeners." The collection contains minutes and reports, 1958-2014 (with gaps), scrapbooks and other miscellaneous papers.
The Swarthmore Historical Society was founded in 1988, and its collections were deposited in Friends Historical Library in 1996. The records include legal and financial papers of the organization, minutes, projects, and related historic preservation work supporting the Swarthmore Planning Commission and Swarthmore Borough Task Force on Historic Preservation.
Contains the records of the Swarthmore Horticultural Society, founded in 2001 and dedicated to enhancing the public spaces in the Borough of Swarthmore, Delaware County, PA.
Swarthmore National Bank was founded in 1904 and became Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company in 1928. Contains the minutes of the Board of Directors of Swarthmore National Bank and Trust Company, Swarthmore, Pa., from 1946 to its consolidation with The First National Bank of Media in 1953.
Records of the Swarthmore Nativity Pageant, presented in the Borough of Swarthmore, Pa., since 1938. Performances are staged on the campus of Swarthmore College. Includes correspondence, scripts, financial records, and other related papers.
Contains the records of the Swarthmore Recreation Association (SRA) which include material on the organization from its founding in 1940 up to the year 1990. SRA was established to provide and supervise recreational facilities for residents of the Borough of Swarthmore and to encourage participation in indoor and outdoor games, sports, and athletic competitions. Among other programs, SRA offered a summer day camp for children in kindergarten through fourth grade.