Brinton, Howard Haines, 1884-1973
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract Howard Haines Brinton and Anna Shipley Cox Brinton were 20th-century Quaker educators and prolific authors whose areas of expertise included the physical sciences and the Classics. Notably, they also worked for the American Friends Service Committee in Europe, for Friends Center in Tokyo, Japan, and as directors of Pendle Hill, an adult study center in Wallingford, PA. They were both recorded ministers in the Religious Society of Friends. This collection also contains materials of other...
Abstract Papers of the notable Quaker Biblical scholar Henry J. Cadbury (1883-1974), a founder of the American Friends Service Committee and Nobel Prize winner on behalf of the American Friends Service Committee. Cadbury taught at Haverford (1910-1919 and 1954-1963) and Bryn Mawr Colleges as well as Harvard Divinity School as Hollis professor of divinity.
Abstract Harold J. Chance (1898-1975) worked for peace education through the American Friends Service Committee, the Peace Caravans, the Youth Section of the Emergency Peace Campaign, the Institute of International Relations, and the Friends Peace Service from 1934-1964. Included in the Harold Chance papers are correspondence, journals, writings, mailings, reports, and materials on the Friends Peace Service. Also included are Harold Haines Brinton's (1884-1973) lectures and course notes on topics such...
Scope and Contents A collection of letters and journals relating to the Evans family, Carter family, and others. Included are letters written by William Bacon Evans, l889-1933, to members of his family, describing his travels in Europe, his work in Palestine, his sojourn in Germany, and relating to various family matters. Also, letters addressed to William Bacon Evans by well-known people, 1896-1946, acknowledging gift copies of his books of poems and other letters, 1927-1962. In addition, letters by Elizabeth B....
Overview Pendle Hill is a Quaker study center located in Wallingford, Pennsylvania. It was established in 1930 out of an earlier Quaker school and study center, the Woolman School. The Woolman School was established in 1915 under the care of the General Conference Committee of the Seven Yearly Meetings (Hicksite). In 1917, it was reorganized as a joint enterprise of Hicksite and Orthodox Friends, governed by a Board of Managers. The Woolman School was incorporated in 1918. In 1928, it was reorganized as...