Skip to main content

SFHL/SCA/aux. Auxiliary Groups

 Record Group Term
Identifier: SFHL/SCA/aux

Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:

Swarthmore College. Scott Arboretum Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-S001
Abstract The Arthur Hoyt Scott Horticultural Foundation was established at Swarthmore College in 1929 as a memorial to Arthur Hoyt Scott (1874-1927). The intention of the Foundation was to focus on plantings appropriate to Eastern Pennsylvania, creating a practical "garden of ideas" for amateur gardeners while at the same time improving the campus. The name changed to Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College in 1986. The collection contains records of the Scott Arboretum from the proposal for its...
Dates: 1925-2017

Swarthmore Alumni Association records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-R1
Abstract

The Swarthmore Alumni Association, founded in 1882 and still active, engages Swarthmore graduates in activities that support current students, alumni, and Swarthmore College. The Swarthmore Alumni Association records, 1882-1990, include meeting minutes, correspondence, publications, brochures, mailings, and directories for a variety of organizations of Swarthmore College Alumni, both in the Philadelphia area and elsewhere.

Dates: 1882 - 1990

Benjamin West Society Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-S002
Abstract Inaugurated October 24, 1931, the Benjamin West Society was dedicated to promoting the arts at Swarthmore College and to promoting the memory of painter Benjamin West (1738-1820) whose traditional birthplace is on the campus of Swarthmore College. The Society organized annual lectures on art and exhibits, and each year sent its members an art print. Its activities were lead by a small group of officers, particularly New York Quaker art dealer, Frederic Newlin Price, a Swarthmore College...
Dates: 1922-1975

Swarthmore College Faculty Club minutes

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-L7
Abstract

This series contains the minutes of the meetings of the Faculty Club from 1920 to 1927.

Dates: 1920-1927

Friends of Music and Dance at Swarthmore College records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-P005
Abstract The Friends of Music and Dance at Swarthmore College was organized in 1981 as an initiative to alleviate costs of the College's Departments of Music and Dance. Around the year 2009, activities of the Friends of Music and Dance were consolidated into the fundraising operations of the Swarthmore College Advancement Office. The Friends of Music and Dance at Swarthmore College records, 1977-2007, consist of correspondence, meeting minutes, publications, membership registries, and other records...
Dates: 1977-2007

Swarthmore Gay and Lesbian Alumni Network records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-R8-01
Abstract

In 1987, several alumni of Swarthmore College proposed to the Alumni Office the idea of forming a gay and lesbian alumni network. The network produced several issues of a newsletter, Out Together, before apparently becoming dormant. This collection includes copies of the newsletter, letters from alumni (often featuring memoirs of gay life at Swarthmore), and other materials used for the creation and production of the newsletter.

Dates: 1987 - 1989

Swarthmore College Penguin Club records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-L4-A
Abstract The Penguin Club, previously known as the Campus Club and before that the Faculty Club, served as the primary social organization for Swarthmore faculty and their spouses from around 1920 until 1989. The Penguin Club records, 1920-1989, include minutes of the Penguin Club and predecessor organization (including some Men’s and Women’s minutes), 1920s-1980s; faculty-staff drama production materials, such as programs, scripts, planning materials, and flyers, 1960s-1989; files on other...
Dates: 1920 - 1989