Andrew B. Reid Papers
Includes correspondence (1981-1988); involvement with Rural Alliance for Military Accountability and its parent group the Rural Coalition; Western Solidarity; reference files include material about: MX missiles, 1981-1988 (primarily news clippings from western U.S. newspapers); the MX missile U.S. Airforce "Peacekeeper Rail Garrison" program, in which the missiles would be placed on railroad cars, to be moved in time of war; also includes files about organizations working against the MX missile in Colorado, North and South Dakota, Indiana, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Utah, and Wyoming; and other organizations working against siting of missiles in their states; collection also includes audio and video cassettes and a bumpersticker.
- Majority of material found within 1981-1988
Language of Material
Materials are in English.
Restrictions on Access
Collection is open for research without restrictions.
Biographical / Historical
Andrew B. Reid; Andy Reid; South Dakota attorney specializing in litigating environmental issues; member of Nebraskans for Peace, Tri-State MX Coalition, Western Solidarity; worked against placement of MX missiles near the Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming borders.
0.63 Linear Feet (7.5 linear in.)
Records. arranged by form of material.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Andrew Reid. Method of acquisition--Gift of.
- American Peace Test (Organization)
- Antinuclear movement -- United States -- History -- Sources
- Antinuclear movement -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- Great Basin MX Alliance
- Intercontinental ballistic missiles -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- MX (Weapons system) -- Environmental aspects -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- MX (Weapons system) -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- Military railroads -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- Nebraska Nuclear Weapons Freeze Campaign
- Nebraskans Opposed to the MX
- Nebraskans for Peace
- Nuclear weapons -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Sources
- Reid, Andrew B.
- Reid, Andrew B.
- Rural Alliance for Military Accountability
- Rural Coalition
- South Dakota Peace and Justice Center
- Tri-State Coalition Against MX
- Western Solidarity (Organization)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Swarthmore College Peace Collection Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore 19081-1399 USA US