Skip to main content

Clinton Corners Monthly Meeting Records

Identifier: QM-NY-C733

Scope and Contents

Records of Clinton Corners Monthly Meeting and its predecessors, Creek Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) and Stanford Monthly Meeting (Orthodox)


  • 1787-1975


Language of Materials

These records are entirely in English

Limitations on Accessing the Collection

Where available, access is through microfilm.

Copyright and Rights Information

Information on reproduction policies available in the library.

Biographical / Historical

Creek Monthly Meeting was established in 1782, set off from Nine Partners Monthly Meeting, under Purchase Quarterly Meeting. After the Separation there were two branches. Creek Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) and Stanford Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) joined in 1867, becoming Stanford Monthly Meeting (Orthodox). In 1925 Stanford Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) changed its name to Clinton Corners Monthly Meeting; it withdrew from affiliation with New York Yearly Meeting in 1975 and joined with Evangelical Friends Church Eastern Region. Creek Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) joined Stanford Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) in 1871, becoming Creek and Stanford Monthly Meeting. In 1876 the meeting was renamed Creek Monthly Meeting. In 1935, as a result of reduced membership, Creek Monthly Meeting (Hicksite) merged with Oswego Monthly Meeting; it is now known as Bulls Head-Oswego Monthly Meeting.


0.15 Linear Feet (27 volumes)


Records of Clinton Corners Monthly Meeting and its predecessors, Creek Monthly Meeting (Orthodox) and Stanford Monthly Meeting (Orthodox)


Divided into series: Minutes: 1.1 1803-1816 (Stanford), 1.2 1816-1861 (Stanford), 1.3 1828-1841, 1.4 1842-1863, 1.5 1861-1886, 1.6 1863-1867, 1.7 1886-1916, 1.8 1916-1932, 1.9 1932-1942, 1.10 1942-1958, 1.11 1958-1971, 1.12 1971-1975; Women's minutes: 2.1 1828-1883 (Stanford), 2.2 1832-1855 (Creek), 2.3 1855-1867 (Creek); Vital records: 3.1 Births & Deaths 1828-1885 (Stanford), 3.2 Births & Deaths 1886-1944 (Stanford/Clinton Corners), 3.3 Marriages & Intents (abstract) 1803-1886/1803-1850 (Stanford), 3.4 Marriages & Removals (abstract) 1787-1867/1787-1802 (Creek), 3.5 Marriages & Removals 1787-1802 (Creek), 3.6 Marriages & Removals 1802-1855 (Creek), 3.7 Marriages & Removals 1803-1886 (Stanford) 3.8 Marriages & Removals 1856-1868 (Creek); Ministers & Elders: 4.1 1830-1867 (Stanford); Property: 5.1 Correspondence re: Meeting house ownership and burial ground 1910-1911; Misc.: 6.1 Historical correspondence 1933-1934, 6.2 Correspondence re: conversion to Evangelical Church 1960/1975

Custodial History

Transferred from Haviland Records Room by NYYM in 1997.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Deposit, 1997.

Existence and Location of Copies

Minutes to 1861 & 1863, women's minutes to 1883 & 1855, vital records to 1886 & 1855 also available in microfilm, for use in the repository only: MR-NY 144, 146, 24.

An Inventory of Its Records at the Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College
Inventory prepared by: FHL Staff
Language of description
Script of description
Language of description note

Find It at the Library

Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library