Preparative Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia for the Western District Records
Scope and Contents
Records of the Preparative Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia for the Western District (Orthodox) include: women's minutes, 1856-1867.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
A meeting for worship in the 12th Street meeting house was established in 1813 by Philadelphia Quarterly Meeting under the Monthly Meeting of Friends of Philadelphia. The meeting was transferred to Philadelphia Monthly Meeting for the Western District in 1814. A preparative meeting was established in 1814.
These meetings remained with the Orthodox Friends after the Separation. Philadelphia Preparative Meeting for the Western District was discontinued in 1907.
0.25 Linear Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- RECORDS OF THE PREPARATIVE MEETING OF FRIENDS OF PHILADELPHIA FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT AND PHILADELPHIA MEETING FOR THE WESTERN DISTRICT (ORTHODOX)(PHILADELPHIA, PA)
- A Finding Aid for its Meeting Records Deposited in Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library