Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Field Committee (1981-1998)
Scope and Contents
Records of PYM's Field Committee at Haverford include the group's Minutes, Correspondence, Financial Records, Annual Reports and Reports of Visitations and Acclivities of the Field Committee--the development of the handbook and the sponsorship of intervisitation weekends for members of Monthly Meetings.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Visitation Working Group (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
The Field Committee was re-established in 1981 by PYM to facilitate communication among the Monthly Meetings, Quarterly Meetings, the Yearly Meetings and other groups in the interest of supporting those groups in need. The Committee visited Monthly Meetings to learn of concerns, gather suggestions and represent the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting to the area Monthly Meetings. It was laid down as a part of the restructuring of the committees of PYM in April, 1998, and was succeeded in its work by the Visitation Working Group.
0.5 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Field Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Visitation Working Group
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Visitations (Church work) -- Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Field Committee (1981-1998)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library