Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Library Services Group
Scope and Contents
The records of PYM's Library Services Group at Haverford include the body's extensive collection of Minutes, as well as the records of its Bookmobile Program, its International Book Project, its Soviet Project, and those of the related Book Service Committee and Lending Sub-committee.
At the time of this recording, some materials remain outside of the two boxes in Lockwood Annex, bound among 9 folders. Their locations below will read "1250/Lockwood/Library Services Group/Un-Boxed Folders" until they can be moved.
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
Originally the "Library Committee", the Library Services Group of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting is responsible for the management of the PYM Library as well as organizing the cooperation among Friends' libraries within the realm of PYM, such as those of Monthly Meetings and Friends Schools.
2.5 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends Library
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Library Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Library Services Group
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Library Services Group
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library