Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Standing Nominating Committee
Scope and Contents
Records of Standing Nominating Committee of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting among the "Papers (1950-1951)" described below include minutes from the Committee's annual sessions and lists of officers in other Committees (PYM and a few outside) who are scheduled for new appointments. The Committees included in this collection are the Committee on Arrangements, Friends Council on Education, Committee on Epistles, Extension Committee, Committee on Family Relationships, Friends Committee on National Legislation, Peace Committee, Planning Committee for Philadelphia General Meeting, Committee on Race Relations, Committee on Religious Education, Social Order Committee, Westtown School Committee, Young Friends Movement, and Committee to Prepare Minute of Exercises.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Standing Nominating Committee (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
The Standing Nominating Committee of Philadelphia Yearly Meeting was responsible for the nominations of members of PYM to hold offices in various Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Committees.
0.25 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Friends Committee on National Legislation (U.S.)
- Friends Council on Education (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Standing Nominating Committee
- Social Order Committee (Society of Friends : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Young Friends Movement (Philadelphia, Pa.)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting Records: Standing Nominating Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library