Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) Records: Visitation Committee
Scope and Contents
Records of the Visitation Committee of the Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Delaware County, PA), 1922-1924.
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Visitation Committee (Organization)
Limitations on Accessing the Collection
Collection is open for research. Access may be provided via digital or microfilm copy, per repository policy.
Copyright and Rights Information
Copyright has not been assigned to the Repositories. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted to the individual Meeting or its successor. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Repositories as the holder(s) of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by reader.
Biographical / Historical
Philadelphia Yearly Meeting's Visitation Committee was responsible for coordinating inter-visitation among Monthly and Quarterly Meetings of PYM. Appointed members of each would visit each other's worship and business meetings in order to improve communication and understanding among these meetings and thereby in general under Philadelphia Yearly Meeting.
0.25 Linear Feet
This collection is stored at the Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of Friends (Orthodox : 1827-1955)
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Visitation Committee
- Society of Friends -- Delaware
- Society of Friends -- Maryland
- Society of Friends -- New Jersey
- Society of Friends -- Pennsylvania
- Visitations (Church work) -- Society of Friends
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Orthodox) Records: Visitation Committee
- Philadelphia Yearly Meeting (Society of Friends: 1676- : Delaware County, Pa.).
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Quaker Meeting Records at Haverford College Quaker & Special Collections and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library