Elizabeth H. Cock family correspondence
Includes correspondence of Elizabeth Hicks primarily during her marriage to her first husband, William F. Seaman; also family correspondence from her second marriage to William Townsend Cock. Correspondents include Rachel Hicks and Abby Hopper.
Language of Material
Materials are in English.
Restrictions on Access
This collection is available for research use.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth Hicks, a Quaker from Westbury and New York (N.Y.), was the daughter of Isaac and Sarah (Doughty) Hicks. She married first William F. Seaman in 1822 and, after his death, married William T. Cock in 1831.
.1 Linear Feet (.1 linear feet (10 folders.))
Arranged by correspondent.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Source of acquisition--Esther M. Emory. Method of acquisition--Gift of; Date of acquisition--2001.
- Cock, Elizabeth H. (Elizabeth Hicks), 1805-1865 (Person)
- Hicks, Rachel, 1789-1878 (Contributor, Person)
- Gibbons, Abby Hopper, 1801-1893 (Contributor, Person)
- Seaman, William F., 1797-1827 (Contributor, Person)
- Cock, William T. (William Townsend), 1803-1885 (Contributor, Person)
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Find It at the Library
Most of the materials in this catalog are not digitized and can only be accessed in person. Please see our website for more information about visiting or requesting reproductions from Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College Library
500 College Avenue
Swarthmore Pennsylvania 19081 USA