Skip to main content

Swarthmore (Pa.)

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 33 Collections and/or Records:

Girl Scout Troop #16 records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-010
Overview Records of Girl Scout Troop #16, the first Girl Scout troop in Swarthmore, Pa., founded 1922.
Dates: 1930-1963

John Russell Hayes Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG5-180
Overview John Russell Hayes (1866-1945) was a Quaker educator, poet, and Librarian of Swarthmore College, 1906-1927 and Friends Historical Library of Swarthmore College, 1927-1935. The collection contains letters received by Hayes, 1887-1936, diaries covering the period 1880-1935, and miscellaneous papers including an album of collected manuscript samples of contemporary poets. The diaries include poetry and cover personal and Swarthmore College activities and concerns.
Dates: 1880-1936

League of Women Voters of Swarthmore, Pa.

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-008
Overview The League of Women Voters was established in 1920 as a nonpartison organization to promote political responsibility through informed and active participation in government. The Swarthmore Branch was founded in 1948 and in 2006 merged with the League of Women Voters, Central Delaware County. The collection contains minutes, financial reports, publications, and miscellaneous papers of the League of Women Voters of Swarthmore, Pa.
Dates: 1956-2006

Lungren-Raiman Family Papers

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-005
Overview C. Howard Lungren (b. 1855) and Rebecca C. Allen were married in Philadelphia in 1880. They moved to Swarthmore in 1901 and lived at 230 Rutgers Avenue. Their daughter Rebecca married Dr. William A. Raiman in 1879. The Raimans lived at 501 Harvard Avenue, and the house remained in the family until 2001. The collection contains Lungren genealogical material and a record book recording the move to Swarthmore and published booklets by C. Howard Lungren. Also miscellaneous material including...
Dates: 1880-1926

Poets' Circle Records

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-013
Overview Records of the Poets' Circle of Swarthmore, Pa., founded in 1918.
Dates: 1942-1996

Leah Smith office files

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG6-E10
Overview Leah Smith was an administrator at Swarthmore College, at various times holding the positions of Assistant to the President and Director of Institutional Research, as well as Acting Associate Provost and Acting Dean of the College. This collection is made up of materials amassed by Leah J. Smith in her role as Assistant to the President (also included are some materials carried over from the Assistant to the President prior to Smith).
Dates: 1971-1996

Swarthmore Borough Gardens lantern slides, 1920 - 1930

 Series — Box 11
Overview Lantern slides by T. H. Milligan, Philadelphia, of gardens and homes in Swarthmore Borough, Pennsylvania, including Swarthmore, Ogden, Cedar Avenues, and North Chester Road.
Dates: 1920 - 1930

Swarthmore Borough Memorabilia Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-017
Overview The Swarthmore Historical Society was founded in 1988, and its collections are deposited in Friends Historical Library. The Memorabilia Collection is composed of objects donated by Swarthmore residents, largely athletic and business items/
Dates: 1905 - 1981

Swarthmore Borough Photographs

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-PA-064
Overview This collection consists of 4 binders of original and copy photographs and negatives, dating from approximately 1880 to 2005, of the Swarthmore Borough, located in Delaware County, Pennsylvania. Many of the images were used in the book Swarthmore Illustrated: A Centennial History by Susanna K. Morikawa and Patricia C. O'Donnell (1993).
Dates: 1880 - 2005

Swarthmore Co-op Collection

 Collection
Identifier: SFHL-RG7-024
Overview The collection contains photographs, clippings, historical research and related papers concerning the Consumers' Cooperative Association of Swarthmore, Inc., better known as the Swarthmore CO-OP. Located in Swarthmore, Pa., it was incorporated in 1937.
Dates: circa 1936-2012